Friday, December 30, 2011

Video Del Fuego, Part LI

I saw this on Andrew Sullivan's site, and it was just too good to keep.



I have two dogs of my own, a Chiweenie (Dachshund/Chihuahua mix) and an Australian Shepherd (who we think is also part Labrador). I don't have any movies of them, although Duke (the Aussie) does periodically try to help me with my typing.

And I had some more serious ideas knocking around in my head, but none of them are jelling worth a damn just right now. So, more puppies:



These guys are just adorable. They'd hate it down here, though... We used to have a Sheltie/Husky mix, who we'd have to shave down to a "crew cut" in the summertime. She loved it when it got cold. And snowy. It's a damn shame she didn't live long enough to see last February's snowfall.



Speaking of snow:



Watching puppies did teach me something profound. I now know why God created us. Paradoxically, there's one thing that an omniscient being can never know, except vicariously. And that's the thrill of discovery.

Have a safe and happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: