Friday, July 06, 2007

Sony: The Punchy MacAngry School of Customer Dis-Service

Apparently, Megan McArdle has had her Sony VAIO laptop die and go to Customer Service hell. They claim that they're going to fix it, but they're making it inordinately difficult to do so.

Words to read and heed, if you're in the market for a new computer. There's a certain manufacturer whose name starts with "S" that you'd be well advised to steer clear of.

Do yourself a favor. If you need a new PC, you can do much, much worse than to get a Dell.

Mind you, there are still days when I want my Mac back. But I haven't had a moment's trouble out of this Dell desktop in almost two years. And when we bought our laptop through Dell and started having trouble with the keyboard, they sent a tech around to replace it. No charge. Took me maybe ten minutes to arrange the house call through their service department, and haven't had a moment's trouble out of the laptop since, either.

For these reasons, Dell has earned the TTS Seal of Approval.

Yeah, I know, that and a buck might buy them some coffee. I still say they're a great company to do business with.

No comments: